An individual’s blood alcohol concentration can be determined by using a portable instrument called a breathalyzer. This tool can be used to determine if a person is over the legal limit for driving purposes due to alcohol use. Although BAC standards may vary from state to state, it is illegal for anyone with a BAC of 0.08 or above to operate a motor vehicle. It’s important for people to drink moderately and establish sobering up plans, like calling a cab.
Previously, breathalyzers were quite expensive and hard to get for the average client. However, in recent years, portable breathalyzers have shrunk in size, dropped in price, improved in accuracy, and become more widely available in stores. The number of people purchasing breathalyzers for home use continues to rise. With a simple home breathalyzer, you can quickly and accurately determine your BAC. Pick a well-reviewed and precise measuring tool. Soberlink’s portable breathalyzer is widely considered to be the best available. You can read Soberlink reviews here.
Home breathalyzers have many benefits.
- It’s highly recommended that anyone who needs to drive with absolute certainty invest in a breathalyzer for their home.
- In most cases, blowing into an interlock and having it read your BAC is a violation of your protocol, so you can’t just check the machine to see if you’re in compliance. A personal breathalyzer would be helpful in this situation.
- Not every personal breathalyser works the same. All semiconductor breathalyzer testers aren’t as accurate as more expensive models, but they’re fine for those on a tight budget who don’t need a particularly precise reading and can make do with an indication within a narrow range. However, the fuel cell sensor breathalyser is currently the industry standard for alcohol detection devices. The principle behind this fuel cell breathalyser is the same as that of the alcohol interlock device you already have set up in your vehicle. Breathalyzers powered by fuel cells are available in our shop.
- Drinkers now have more options for affordable home breathalyzers. Portable breathalyzers like the one from Alcotest can help you make sober driving decisions that will keep you safe on the road and away from potential legal trouble, financial penalties, and even the loss of your driver’s licence if you get caught driving under the influence. Breathalyzers are able to quickly and accurately measure the amount of alcohol in the blood and can be used multiple times.
- Nothing ruins a night on the town like getting pulled over by the police and having no idea if you’ve had too much to drink. Because they provide an accurate reading of blood alcohol content, home breathalyzers are a must for staying out of trouble with the law. Home breathalysers undergo numerous quality controls before being released to the public, guaranteeing their reliability. The results of the breathalyser test are straightforward due to the thoroughness with which it is calibrated.
- High-quality materials ensure that a home breathalyser will work reliably no matter what you throw at it. Because of how small and light breathalysers are, you can easily carry one in your purse, backpack, or even a coat pocket. You can take a breathalyser to the office with you if you’re worried about alcohol affecting your performance. It is important to remember that personal breathalysers cannot be used as evidence in court despite their reliability. Police-administered tests tend to be accepted more frequently as proof.