Are you struggling with losing weight? If yes, then you can benefit from liposuction, which is one of the procedures offered by SRGN Clinic. Should you wish to know more about this procedure, then you need to read this article up to the very end. Liposuction is a procedure to get rid of fat in various areas of the body. What is good about liposuction is that it has the ability to remove fat cells permanently, the kind of fats that don’t seem to go away with diet and exercise. Liposuction can be performed in the following parts of the body:
– Love handles/flanks
– Face, specifically on the neck, chin, and cheeks
– Upper arms
– Inner knee
Are you a candidate for liposuction?
While liposuction is a generally safe procedure, it is not for everyone. For you to qualify as a candidate for liposuction, you should meet the following requirements:
– You should be a consenting adult
– With above average weight
– You should have elastic skin and good muscle tone
– You should be of excellent health condition
– You have fat pockets that don’t seem to respond with regular diet and exercise
– Those living a healthy life – does not smoke or drink
– Men who want to get rid of enlarged male breast tissue or also known as gynecomastia.
Who should not undergo liposuction?
– You are not allowed to undergo liposuction if you have more than 25 BMI or if you are underweight.
– Poor skin quality
– Have an existing medical condition that make coping or healing difficult.
– If you have an unrealistic expectations. While liposuction can get rid of stubborn fats, it cannot improve loose and saggy skin. You will need to undergo a different type of procedure for that.
– If you are of old age, usually 65 years old and above and your skin loses is elasticity and firmness.
Reasons why people resort to liposuction
– There are various reasons why people resort to liposuction and one common reason is that the fat does not seem to go away with diet and exercise. Although diet and exercise can help lose weights some fat in some parts of the body just do not seem to shrink naturally.
– Liposuction is done if you want to smooth out bulges that are unsightly to see.
– Liposuction benefits those who want to modify their body parts permanently.
– It is ideal for people who can devote at least a month of time to recover, which is needed after surgery.
Is liposuction the long-term solution to obesity?
Although liposuction is effective in getting rid of stubborn fat in different parts of the body, it is not the long-term solution to obesity. Should you wish to maintain a lean body that is free of unsightly fat, you should start living a healthy lifestyle. Keep in mind that liposuction is not a permanent solution to weight loss. If you continue to live a sedentary lifestyle, there is a hundred percent chance that the fat you lost through liposuction will come back. Also you need to remember that every individual body has a unique biochemical makeup. Hence, you need to explore things to find out which weight loss method works best for you.
Is liposuction a common procedure?
Liposuction has become a common procedure as more and more celebrities turn to it to get rid of unwanted fats in certain parts of the body. As a matter of fact, the United States recorded over 200,000 liposuction procedure every year. Such a procedure is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, especially the one who has undergone extensive training. There are many aesthetic clinics offering liposuction procedure, but you have to be wary as not all of them deliver desired results in a safe manner. That is why it is of great importance to conduct a thorough research.
The safety of liposuction procedure heavily relies on the ability, credential, and experienced of the plastic surgeon. A thorough assessment must be done to ensure that the person is a perfect candidate for the procedure. Liposuction can be done together with other cosmetic procedures such as facelift, tummy tack, and breast reduction. However, the success of the procedure has something to do with how the procedure is done. For long-term results, a big factor would be the patient’s lifestyle, diet, and exercise.
Always keep in mind that although liposuction offers a quick solution to undesirable body parts, it is not the long-term solution. Should you wish to maintain the results of liposuction, you must exert an effort to live a healthy lifestyle. You need to start with diet followed by routine exercise. You should also refrain from engaging to unhealthy health habits such as vices like drinking alcohol and cigarette smoking. It is a lifetime dedication to lead a healthy lifestyle.